Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January...


The first half of January was a rough one for me. Cam started intensely studying for the BAR, he had studied before, but since January started it's ALL he does. :( Before this he has always been around so much, so it's been hard. And on top of all this stress of the BAR, I had a bridal show last week.... anyway, it's over now so that is good. And I am officially outsourcing all my editing... which helps with my time.... anyway.... during the days I have just been trying to keep myself and the kids occupied!

This is Jade's new favorite toy. He got a toys r us gift card from Grandma Berrett for Christmas, and this was part of what he chose. It is The Wonder Pets from NickJr. He flies it all around the house, saving animals in trouble. It's cute. I love watching him play on his own... he has the best imagination! He is my little sweetheart, and is getting so smart. He's started telling us he's too big for things, like cuddling :( we tell him he'll never be too big for cuddles, I hope he'll always let us cuddle him! He started Sunbeams this month, and is LOVING it. I am one of his teachers, which he loves even more. He loves singing time, and playing with his friends.
Kennedy is growing up SO much SO FAST!! It's really kinda freaking me out... she's growing up way faster than Jade did, just because she is trying so hard to keep up with him! We are hanging onto her sleeping in her crib as long as we possibly can, and holding off at least another couple months for potty training... she loves going potty, I'm just not sure I'm ready for the challenge yet! :) She is going to nursery all by herself, and every time I go pick her up, all the cute ladies can't stop telling about how much they love her, and how good she is in Nursery. Makes my day. I love hearing about how awesome my kids are! :) She is talking SO much, and is learning to express herself so well. She is our little princess in love with all puppies and any stuffed animal... she is literally ALWAYS carrying at least one animal around with her, and sleeps with about a million every night. Speaking of sleeping, she is pretty much a dream sleeper... even though she's been sick basically the last 4 weeks (just a little cold, but lots of coughing at night) she sleeps through the night every night... 12 hours straight... I love it.
And she got 4 more teeth in the last couple months!!
We have had on and off good weather, one of our rainy days we went to Jumping Party, I got one picture and then my camera died...
We've also had a couple really nice and warm days!! YAY! I am so ready for it! So we've hit up the zoo a couple times! It's weird having both kids walking next to me, and not both in the stroller... have I mentioned how weird it is to me that my kids are growing up so fast?!


My cute friend Mich had her baby on January 1st, he was the first baby of the year in that hospital, and in their entire county! We are so happy for them, and cute baby Colt. Because we've been sick it took us forEVER to be able to go hold him... but I finally got my chance...
isn't he adorable?! Totally brought back so many wonderful memories...

And the kids were SO happy to be able to play with Missy again... I love this picture of Missy and Sissy.
I have taught preschool 3 times this month, and it has been so fun (and exhausting) One of the weeks our theme was plants and how they grow, so we decided to paint a flower pot, and plant a sunflower seed! It was really fun for the kids, and we talked about how they had to water their flower, and give it lots of sunshine...




These are a couple (really really poor quality) shots from the bridal show... this is my booth right before the show started, taken on my iPhone...

And this one was taken by the Waco Trib, not in love with it, and again, it's way poor quality, and I had no idea it was being taken... but it's kinda fun to see me in action! :)
The show went awesome, and I've been meeting with brides all week, so that's been fun! Bridals shows are SO MUCH WORK though, so I'm really glad to have it over with... and it MIGHT be our last show in Waco... WEIRD!

Another Zoo trip! This one was even MORE fun because Mich, Missy and Colt joined us, for Colt's very first trip to the Zoo!! Even though we had seen them once, we are used to seeing them at least a couple times a week, so we were still totally missing them, and SO excited to hang with them!! :)




____

okay, I have been working on this post for about a week now, and just keep adding, because I haven't posted it yet... so I'm just going to post this one, and then start a new post for the rest of our January updates! :)

3 comments:

Steph said...

It IS fun to see you in action! I actually love that picture-I think it's cool and antique looking. I so wish you could have done my wedding...oooooh what I'd give to go back in time and have you there. You'd die if you saw my pics.
Glad the show went well!

Emily said...

I swear, I look at those zoo pictures and it's like I'm there. I can practically smell the zoo. Some of our favorite Texas memories are at that zoo, with our BFFS, after it's closed for the day.

Ahhhh handsome Colt! You look like a proud auntie :)

And of course you were in the Waco Tribune. So famous!

cherylheyland@gmail.com said...

I love the grown up pictures of Jaden and Kennedy. They do grow up fast don't they. Every stage is wonderful though! Can't wait to see them!