Recently life has been crazy.
Something crazy happened the first week of January and my business just EXPLODED. We have been booking like C.R.A.Z.Y. this past month, which has been awesome. But, it has also brought in a WHOLE lot more work. Trying to juggle that and the kids, and trying to keep the house taken care of, a blog to keep up, and just trying to keep my sanity.
Between all of that AND having a husband in law school, not only in law school, but in finals... at Baylor Law School. And not only just in finals at Baylor Law school, but also studying like a mad man for the BAR.
I found myself overwhelmed and unable to keep up with it all.
So we decided we needed to simplify... AKA outsource. I went through and decided what it was about my business... (besides the meeting with clients, photo shoots, and weddings) that was taking up the most of my time. And the answer was most DEFINITELY processing and editing images. SO, as of a couple weeks ago, I no longer edit my own images. I found an AWESOME and highly recommended company out in California to do it all for me. So now, I only edit what I want, when I want.
PERFECT.
Next came simplifying my home life. I want more than anything to be there for my kids. Always. Which is why I love my business, because I can do everything while they are sleeping, at night and at nap time. And the shoots, and weddings, are all scheduled for when Cam can be around. But... I've found myself stressing about trying to keep the house clean. Not like picking up, and doing dishes and stuff, but the real cleaning, like toilets, mopping the floors... the yucky stuff. So we hired a cleaning lady to come clean our house regularly.
AND... I am feeling GREAT!!!
I'm totally caught up on my blog, have plenty of time to play with my kids, even get to spend some time at night for myself. And late every night, after Cam is finished studying for the day, we even get to spend time together.
It's wonderful. And I am happy.
And the other day, I came home to this... from my hubs... who studies ALL day everyday, but came out for a minute to leave me a little note... in cheezit scrabble crackers...

It's small and simple, and it totally made my day.
I love him.
4 comments:
Awwww! I love it! It makes me really happy that you're feeling less stressed about things. I can;t imagine how you juggled a husband studying for the BAR, two kiddos, and a thriving business. You're my hero Nic! And the cheese-its?!? What a sweet hubs!
that is so cute of cam! and that's exciting about all the new help, good luck with everything out there. Love you!
Oh wow, cutest cheese-it note in the world!! I'm so happy you're feeling more relieved, and able to relax a little bit more with your family.
I'm excited for all the adventure that lies ahead for you guys!! I love that you always put your family first, no matter what. Greatest family ever.
Miss you!!
I'm about a hundred yrs late... but awww sweet husband, cam! I love that!!
Post a Comment