Monday, February 22, 2010

all by himself.

Jaden has officially gone to preschool all by himself 2 1/2 times now. It's weird because I have spent so much heart ache over the past year worrying about him ever being able to go to school/nursery/sunbeams all by himself, and now he is ready and going all by himself and it just about killed me.

The first time I left him, I told him I just was going to go out to my car, and I'd be right back in a couple minutes. He said, "Okay, and don't be sad!" (telling himself not to be sad) and he gave me a kiss and I left. I just left. What the heck?! I thought for sure, that before I would get to the door he would be chasing after me, begging me to stay. Nope, he just kept doing his thing. AH! I slowly walked out to my car, and just sat there for like 10 minutes. I couldn't leave. I sat there freaking out, praying my baby would be okay. And he was. I came back about 10 minutes early and he ran to me, "Mommy, you came BACK!!!!" I guess every 5 or 10 minutes he would say to his teacher, "Mommy will be back!" basically reassuring himself. So he did it. And I did it. I'm not sure which is the biggest accomplishment... But we've done it.

Here is a pic Lindsey got of him while I was gone. Such a punkin!

So the second week I had Sissy with me. We dropped him off the same way, except I really only took him inside, and I immediately left. Sis was DEVASTATED. She apparently got the idea that she could go to preschool too (usually she stays home with Daddy) but we were obviously just dropping him off... so she bawled and bawled and bawled. Poor girl. She kept crying "MY FWENDS!! MY FWENDS!!!" :(

1 comment:

Steph said...

:( It KILLS me how much they miss their big brothers and sisters when they get left behind! Poor thing. I'm so happy Jaden is doing so great though, that's awesome! And I'm proud of you too. That's really REALLY so hard...letting go even the teeniest bit hurts. Good job.