Monday, February 15, 2010

Graduation!!

So after 2 years and 9 months, we are finished with Law School!!! Yay!!!! It was so nice to finally be able to celebrate all of Cam's hard work! Such a happy day!! The graduation ceremony was at Waco Hall on the Baylor campus.

The kids loved the balloons they had outside!!
We were so lucky to have both sets of parents there to support us!
Cam's parents reading the program together.
The program was really neat... they let each of the graduates write a couple sentences in it. I hadn't seen what Cam wrote, and it totally teared me up as I was sitting there reading his message. This was his:

"To my wife Nicole, thank you for all your support, encouragement and unconditional love. I love you. To my two beautiful children Jaden and Kennedy, I love both with all my heart. You can do anything you put your minds to. Do Justice, love mercy, walk humbly."

So sweet.

And here are my parents with Sis.
And the ceremony started. It was really, really neat. And I seriously could not keep my eyes dry. I am such a baby I know. It has just been quite the three years for him. I'm so happy it's all over.


Jade watching his Daddy graduate. So proud.

Cam being hooded as a graduate from Baylor Law School!!!
SO COOL! Like seriously so cool. Me and the kids were SO PROUD!!!!
Cam with his parents (and the kids)
Me and my LAWYER hubby! :)
Yep, that's my husband. I love him.
Then we headed over to the law school for a reception, some yummy food, and to socialize!
We have given Baylor Law School a LOT of money. So we told Sissy to eat all the cheese she could!! ;)
just the 4 of us again.
Everyone!!
Then we walked around the law school to check out where Cam had classes and such.
Jade thought it was pretty neat, and decided he wanted to be law student too!
One of the classrooms. This is the one he had PC in.
Playing 1, 2, 3 weeeeeeee!! with grandparents.

That night we all went to Johnny Carinos for some delicious food and good times!!
It was an awesome weekend!
Have I mentioned how proud I am of him??

5 comments:

Lauren Heyland said...

i love that message that Cam wrote, that is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

It was such a FANTASTIC DAY!!!!! We so loved seeing you guys and I am SOOOOO very proud of Cameron! Hope studying is going well! Love the pictures of the kids!!!

Steph said...

YAY!!!!!! GO CAM!!!!!!!!!!! Um, your kids couldn't have looked cuter on this big day! How exciting. And you looked gorgeous too...seriously great pics. I'm so so so beyond happy for you guys.

Melanie said...

Oh, Nic! This post made me SO happy! And really brought back that same proud feeling i had of Dean on graduation day... that is so neat- our husbands are so honorable, aren't they?

I miss you!

I love the part where you told sissy to eat all the cheesecake she could! hahaha! Get your $$s worth out of cheesecake! HAHAHA!

cherylheyland@gmail.com said...

That was SO special for us, to be there. It was quite an inspiring graduation! We are so proud of you Cam! Congratulations on all the years of hard work! Good luck on the BAR exam! You will do great!