Wednesday, February 17, 2010

last week and valentines day.

It has been overwhelmingly cold here for the last couple weeks so we have had to find LOTS of things to do inside. It's been fun, Cam is here studying all day everyday anyway, so if I can't be with him, the next best thing is to be in the same house as him.

I'm not sure what day we did what, but here are the pictures I have to remind me of a few of the things we did!

one of our FAV things to do is always painting. Usually I just strip them down to paint, so their clothes don't get messy, but this time we cut holes in garbage bags and used them as smocks. Jade had done this once before in school, but this was Sissy's first time "wearing a garbage bag" she was totally cracking up about it!

Jade went to preschool ALL BY HIMSELF!!!!!! (a whole separate post on that later)

we played dress up one day...
I always get lots of cuddles from my sweet boy.
yes she put this outfit together.

not supposed to be sitting on the coffee table and just got CAUGHT!!

Kennedy had been sick for the past week, and JUST as I thought we were getting over it, Jade got sick. AH! It seems like one of them is ALWAYS sick!!! Anyway, so we haven't even been able to enjoy being cold inside with friends, because we don't want to get them sick too!

It has been exhausting, but at the same time relieving. Sometimes it is nice to get a break from the kids, and be able to hang with another adult. But, I love these kids SOOOO much. And it is so fun to watch them play, and just be chill together...

I have given myself this month off of work, and it has been WONDERFUL. I have had a few small things to work on here and there. But no appointments or shoots, and no major sessions or weddings to edit. I miss it all, it gives me such a huge release in life, but I really needed this break.

Cam has seriously been studying NONSTOP. Ugh, I miss him, but even more, I feel so bad for him, it has really been hell for him.

BUT, a week from tomorrow and this will all be over... and we'll be headed to Europe together in 10 DAYS!!!! We could not have planned this trip at a better time... I can't wait to be with him, and be alone... and just enjoy each other.

moving on...

Valentines Day was a perfect lazy day. Jaden was at the peak of his sickness (he's starting to feel a little better now... 4 days later) so we couldn't make it to church.

We woke up, and had some delicious chocolate milk...
and Jade and I made some scrum-dilly-umptious pink chocolate chip heart shaped pancakes!

he loves anytime I let him into the kitchen to help me... I really need to do it more often.
totally out of focus pic, but you get the point.
later that day we did some MORE valentines baking, and made sugar cookies!
They were TOTALLY into it, it was so fun...
she is SUCH a Daddy's girl! She was so very proud of her shirt! Don't be surprised if you see this in pics often. She absolutely LOVED sporting her love for her Daddy!
My poor baby. So sick... I was trying to steal a kiss, but he wasn't going to have it.
I kept looking at him, and noticing how sick he looked, so I'd say, "Oh baby! I'm so sorry you are so sick!!" And he kept saying, "NO! I'm NOT sick!!" LOL. I don't know why, but he was in total denial. He cracks me up.

Watched our new fav show Team Omizoomi on NickJr
cookies were baked and cooled and ready to be decorated!! Sissy was very detailed in decorating her cookie.
Jade just mostly wanted to eat it.
I let them take a cookie and milk into Daddy (who was of course studying). They were SO excited, and walked in proudly, and told him Happy Valentines Day. It was neat to watch. They love him, and love every moment they can get with him lately.

During their "couple five minutes" together, I walked by and Jade had set himself up a little bed inside of one of his toys buckets. You can't see the bucket, but he is in it. I started laughing, and told him how cool it was, and he said, "Do you want to take a picture of me?" ABSOLUTELY, I do. I love taking pictures of him, and I love even more that it was his idea.
It makes me sad though, he looks so sick in this pic!
SO, that is what we have been up to!! :)

2 comments:

Lauren Heyland said...

so precious! im sorry the kiddies are sick though. By the way your eyes look amazingly gorgeous in the picture..wow! Good luck to cam on the bar!

cherylheyland@gmail.com said...

Cute pictures! Kenzie and I can't wait to come and play! We hope your cold spell snaps though! We can't wait to bake, eat, play, dress up, try to take pictures, paint, and watch the favorite tv shows!