Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Today.

Today I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to conquer the day.

Today I got myself and the kids fed and ready.

Today I took the kids to story time at the library.

Today story time was over-crowded and we couldn't get in so we had to watch from outside the room through the window.

Today my kids freaked out at story time.

Today I decided to take my kids to Target to get a few little toys to make up for story time gone bad.

Today I chose the wrong line at Target and waited WAY too long.

Today Jaden started throwing a fit screaming and crying in the line at Target. Which freaked Kennedy out, so she did the same. 

Today a sweet lady waiting in line behind us tried to help with my kids, and told me it's okay... yes even Mom's need to be told it's okay sometimes.

Today I practically fell into the arms of said sweet lady and started bawling... in line. at Target.

Today all three of us walked out of Target. Crying. 

Today we cried all most all the way home. 

Today will get better, I am hoping. We had lunch and now the kids are napping/quiet timing - while I sit at my computer and unwind. 

Today we will go to the pool with friends, and have a WONDERFUL afternoon. I'm hoping.

6 comments:

mk said...

I hope you're at the pool right now totally unwinding with our favorite friends :) I miss y'all (It's been like 4 days...) Sorry your today was so stinky.

Melanie said...

Okay... you mentioned you'd gone to Target, but how did you not tell us how horribly wrong it went?! Or did I miss that part? I'm sorry! :( That is stinky! I LOVE your blog makeover tho! Your banner is so so cute! Why have I not see that pic of your babies before?!

Breeana said...

Awww. . .I'm sorry. I think we have all had a few days like that with kids. I hope the day got better. Lunch and a nap can fix most things. :)

Emily said...

Stupid Hoover library story time. I blame them, and their over-crowded, stinky little room for starting the downward spiral. Hope the pool helped. Hey, I can think of something good that happened yesterday...Jadey made it to the potty in time!

Lauren Heyland said...

aw nicky, that breaks my heart! I hope you guys are doing better. I love you and your kids and your sweet husband!
P.S.Your new blog is so dang cute and i love the colors.

cherylheyland@gmail.com said...

Four words, nap & chocolate chip cookies...usually makes everything better. love you! You are doing a great job!