It's so funny how much having kids change you! Our first anniversary, Cam and I went to Alaska for a couple hours and had dinner, and flew home. Just because we could. Since then, life has been a little more focused on babies. So this year we went to San Antonio for our anniversary, to where? Sea World. Awesome. Actually it was awesome.
Started out our day with flipping 4 HOURS OF SLEEP!! What the what? We reserved a room with a "guaranteed" king bed. Got there, and had two miniature double beds. UGH! We were too excited to be there, and too optimistic to say anything, and just went on with our night. Oh, and did I mention that night we took advantage of our "elite status" concierge lounge, with free drinks, cookies, cakes and such... caffeinated drinks or water... hmm, both sound great thanks! Well, neither of us have been drinking caffeine for the last 6 months-ish. And we were WIRED. and somehow Jaden was wired too. Sis stayed up late, but went to bed at 10pm. But Jade was up with us till midnight-30!! He was being so funny though. It was like we were a bunch of young kids staying up too late laughing about NOTHING... not just laughing. DYING laughing.
He finally fell asleep, and me and Cam on our miniature double bed together were SO uncomfy SO wired and SO up until 4am!!! Then conveniently our window covers were broken and wouldn't close all the way, and the sun woke us up at 8am.
Okay, so we were up... tired, but ready to start our day. Made the quick drive over to Sea World, with Jaden talking about Shamu all the way there.
Sea World never gets old to me. Somehow the Believe show makes my eyes well up every time. If I was alone I'm pretty sure I'd sit there and bawl. What the heck? So weird. Anyway, Jaden kept cheering "Yay Shamu!!" Every time people started clapping. It was sweet. This was the first time we have taken Sis since she has been old enough to realize what was going on. She was absolutely THRILLED!!
It was super hot, like 107 degrees hot, you can tell in the pictures how SUPER sweaty we are.
We had fun together though. It was an awesome, tiring day. We drove home, completely exhausted. Had some yummy lunchables in the car...
And the kids were in bed by 7pm. And I'll be there as soon as I'm done here.
Happy Anniversary to us. I love my hubby. I love these past 5 years. Couldn't be happier with my life. :)







4 comments:
How fun!! Animals totally make me cry way more easily than humans. I feel like such a wierdo for even typing that.
Ummm... I heart you for going to Alaska for dinner. That's so freakin' cool.
I love when I read your blog that I can hear you saying every single thing you type. It's great!
Love the pics. What a fun weekend getaway! Next time, you better bring me your kids so you guys can have time alone. HELLO. Sorry you slept like crap, that's annoying. But glad you had a fun trip regardless!
I can feel the heat in the pictures. I love that you all stayed up late laughing, Fun little sleep over. I remember when you went to alaska for dinner wow, and when you went to London for a day or two. Kenzie and I will tend one night next week so you guys can go out for dinner! Can't wait to see you!
Sounds so fun!! Sounds like you had a great time!
Post a Comment