Wednesday, December 2, 2009

our christmas tree.

We set the Christmas tree up the day before Thanksgiving this year. usually we wait until the day after thanksgiving, but with the kids getting older and more aware, we could hardly WAIT for the Christmas season this year. i am loving every bit of it!

Sis excited - jade concerned.
this was the first time we plugged it in, and it lit up! I love Jade's expression! He was SO happy! now Sis is the concerned one!
It was such a cute moment, that we decided to do it again, and video it this time... wasn't AS cool as the first time, but still very exciting!!



carefully putting the ornaments on

setting up the nativity... i mean sure, it gets destroyed and the people get chucked accross the room at least once every hour... but that's why we only set up the plastic one :)
our tree has been through a lot already... all of the ornaments have been moved to the top branches, so the kids can't *easily* reach them, and destroy them... i say that they can't *easily* reach them, because they still pull chairs over, and get them down.

but I love it. it's our life. sometimes i worry myself about how everything isn't picture perfect, and then I remember, this is how I love it, this is what i love about my family, and they are SO perfect to me.

2 comments:

mk said...

We have the same nativity! Sometimes the Little People Minivan comes and picks up Mary and Joseph and they hang out in the Little People House or go chill on Little People Merry Main Street. My fav is when Little People Noah's Ark floats by and drops pairs of tigers and elephants off at the manger. Oh the possibilities at the Kerr House are endless...

cherylheyland@gmail.com said...

The tree looks so good, and I am laughing about Michelles post!