Monday, December 14, 2009

DISNEY WORLD!!!


We're back!!! We had the most amazing time in Florida!! I was seriously SO not ready to come home. Usually it takes me forever to blog things, but this was SO much fun, I just have to do this tonight! We decided to do this trip a couple weeks ago, and have been talking to the kids, and trying to get them excited, showing them pictures of all the things at Disney World...

but NOTHING could have prepared them for how awesome it would really be!!

1st- we got to ride on an airplane... TOTAL highlight for Jade, and Sis is getting old enough to be entertained/bribed to be quiet and happy.

2nd- got to stay in an awesome hotel! the first night we got there and checked in.. Jade is totally obsessed with staying in hotels, like he likes doing it even more than me and Cam. He calls it "going to sleep in your own bed" he thinks it is super neat to get to sleep in a cool bed (sofa bed) and just the whole travel thing really gets him excited!! (prob because when he was in my tummy, and a babe we traveled pretty much every weekend)

anyway... we got to our room, and it was amazing, 2 rooms, kitchen, huge bathroom, free hot breakfast in the mornings, huge outdoor park in the middle of the hotel, and of course (in orlando) an awesome pool. totally perfect.

3rd- the weather was HOT!! AH! I know we have nice weather here, but they were having record highs (85 degrees on Sunday) It felt great though, since we've had unusually cold weather.

4th- we were at the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH ;)

We spent all day (and I mean ALL DAY) at Disney World's Magic Kingdom on Saturday. Here are the kids in the entry way with their cool Mickey Mouse stickers, in their ghetto fabulous stroller.

we got going fast... our first ride the kids got to drive their own cars (can't remember what it's called) I went with Kennedy, and Cam took Jade, (which we did on most rides, cuz if Sis gets scared, she'll usually want me) he said Jaden had the wheel steering the entire time, he didn't even touch it, it's on a track, so he was only kind of steering, but Jade was totally thrilled by it!!


me and Sis were more concerned about looking pretty in our car :)

another one of Jade's favorites was the Buzz Lightyear ride... There was a giant talking/moving Buzz while we were waiting in the line, Jaden could not believe his eyes, and was totally fascinated.

another giant talking/moving buzz during the ride.

the point of the ride is to help Buzz shoot all the enemies or whatever they are, so you have a laser gun, to use along the way, and it keeps score as you go along. here are the boys in action...
Cinderella's Castle
riding the train! Trying to get Sis to take a nap!
Didn't work, so we watched the Mickey Mouse show.
As soon as Kennedy saw Mickey and Minnie, she started freaking out, saying over and over again, "Mih Mouse! Mih Mouse!" I couldn't believe how excited she was! Totally melted my heart!!

The princesses were almost equally exciting!
But Mickey and Minnie won her heart in the end!
and the fireworks!! you can kinda see them on the right middle...
she finally passed out! YAY! She was starting to get a little grumpy, so it was a VERY good thing! Cam got the BRILLIANT idea to go to the Haunted Mansion while she was sleeping. And that "she would just sleep in his arms" while we were on the ride.
Hmmm... nope!

the second we walked in the freaky room, and the room stretches, and the pictures move, and I'm feeling terrified, and the spooky voice, and the lights turn out, and there is LOUD high pitched screaming, she was WIDE AWAKE, totally and completely freaked out.... and so was I. Jade on the other hand wasn't... crazy kid.

Speaking of scaries, one of Jade's favorite rides was the Pirates of Caribbean. Didn't get any pictures of it though!

Oh, and you have to be 40 inches to ride on Splash Mountain. Jade is like 39inches... Cam tried to sneak him in. They stopped him though, and Jade was MAD!! He was really excited about riding the "waterfall ride" so we sat there and watched a couple boats go down the waterfall! Next time!


Then we hit up the parade. Very VERY neat.
once again Kennedy's favorites were Mickey and Minnie
watching Pinocchio go by

Donald Duck & Goofy
Aladdin and the Genie
Peter Pan & Alice in Wonderland
Cinderella


and this is when we saw Woody!! I thought I was getting it all on video, but this is all I got of the moment...
i love it, but i am so sad i accidently wasn't video recording it! When Woody walked by Jaden SCREAMED, "WOODY!!!!" It was so so so sweet, and he was waving like CRAZY! So cool to see Woody!! We walked around the park hoping to see him, and take a picture with him, we saw him from the train, and by the time we got off he was gone, and then we couldn't ever find him again :( So at least we got to see him during the parade :)

Oh, and speaking of seeing characters, and taking pictures with them, the only characters we ever saw A. had like a 60 min line (im not kidding) or B. we didn't care about, and still had a 15min line. So the pictures with the characters didn't so much happen for us. They had no clue what they were missing though, so it was okay! And plus, just to see our favs in the parade, was totally awesome enough for us!

Another one of our favorite rides was the Winnie the Pooh ride!! Super cute, not scary and very lively and fun... right up Kennedy's lane. So she decided to ride with Daddy on this one.

Jade giving me loves in the line. love my cute boy.

She was so cute pointing out all the things she saw!

another one of Kennedy's favorite rides was the "babies ride" or as Disney calls it, "It's a Small World" Waiting in a long long line... I got this adorable pic of Jade and Cam playing... I could not LOVE Jade's expression any more... way adorable.

me and Sis
Shortly after the pic above was taken, Sis noticed one of my earrings was gone (she's obsessed with "Pretties" and talks about, and touches my earrings all the time). my FAVORITE Dior heart earrings that Janette got for me :( boo. it was lost. forever. only bad thing that happened that day.

moving on... :)

we made it on to the ride!!!!
here are all the "babies"


this movie is kinda long, I debated posting it, cuz it's nothing special, just kinda memories... but hey, it's my blog, and really, everything on here, I'm doing for me and so here it is. I love how intense Sis is into all the babies, and pointing them all out.. and I also love how Jade tries to sneak a touch at the water (we were in a boat) at the end of the clip... which btw, he was doing like every 5 seconds.

it was getting dark... and we were totally EXHAUSTED... so we headed out...I just love how the park was all Christmasy though.

What an awesome way to spend a day! The Happiest Place on Earth, with the people that make me the happiest. it was truly magical.

6 comments:

mk said...

As soon as I read your message on FB, I HAD to get on. There's so much, I don't even know what to say!! I LOVE IT!! First thing though, Aladdin looks like Dean, LOLOLOLOL!! Sis waking up in the Haunted Mansion made me LOL too. And I got a little choked up at thinking about her getting excited about seeing "Mih Mouse!" So, so sweet and hits close to home for me :) I'm glad you had such an awesome time. I can't wait to hear more stories!!!

Melanie said...

AH! I love it! I'm smiling I'm so happy! I love the clips and all the pics, and what u wrote, I felt like i got to sorta be there, too! You and KK sure look pretty in the car :) And BOO to losing your earring! Wah! I love that KK noticed. She's so cute! And getting so big! I love her cheeks! I liked watching her on the small world boat ride. She was completely out of it/zoned, but still trying to soak it all in. Haha! And Jaden trying to touch the water cracked me up! Too bad for long lines. DUMB. I wish we all coulda gone w/ you!

Melanie said...

wth, mich?! Alladin looks like dean! BAHAHA! I was cracking up at cinderella's hand movements. Hahaha!

Janette said...

yay! i'm finally on ur blog! :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE these!! my goodness, u just made me EXTRA excited about next week!!! thank you!! :D and Mich, your comment about Aladdin made me go look again and MY OH MY! what good eyes u got! I had to click on it to make it bigger to examine! lol I'd have to agree tho, he DOES look like Dean! haha

aw I love ur cute family!! so cute!!! I miss Jaden and KK! :)

cherylheyland@gmail.com said...

Fun!! I think Disney world really is the happiest place on earth! Looks like the kids LOVED it!

Steph said...

Ok...finally! I have been wanting to get on your blog all day but my kids weren't havin' it! So much fun to comment on. First of all, this totally looked magical. :) I love that Cam tried to sneak his boy on the ride-what a good daddy. Derek would have done that too! I can't believe 1 stinkin' inch! Dumb.
I'm so sad about your earring. Sad!!
KK hair is cracking me up in that first picture! It looks all windblown or something. Precious babies.