Wednesday, September 23, 2009

feeling creative.

weird. cuz apart from photography and my business, i very rarely feel creative. i feel like i use my creative self plenty while shooting, editing and designing, and so i usually don't when i'm not working. anyhoo. i've been in a little bit of a creative mood lately. like i feel like doing a big project or something. well, i settled for a cute little craft with the kids... it was super fun for me and Jade... but apparently Kennedy wasn't feeling as creative as i was...
aw! Poor baby! This picture really does break my heart. Would you even believe that this is just a silly fit. She felt like her whole world was ending... she kills me...

...but we pulled through it, and made some cute Martha Stewart puppets! We only made it through 2 of the 4 (my kids really aren't the "patient and crafty" type) so we'll have to make the other 2 another day!


oh, and i've started decorating Kennedy's room. I put up some pink and brown dots (just like she had in her room at our old place) and I'm going to put her name up in vinyl, and got some cute little things at hobby lobby today to put on a simple white shelf. And then, I'm going to do a couple canvases of her for the wall too... I know it's not TOO thrilling, but hey, we are still in law school, so i had to do something cheap!! I'll post pics when it's all done!

6 comments:

Lauren Heyland said...

so cute! you are so creative nick!

Melanie said...

Those r CUTE! Glad you're finding things to do w/ your "creative RAGE"! lol! KK is getting so big! I love the GIANT tear coming out of her eye! Don't you wish you could tell what they're thinking sometimes? The tiiiniest things seem to mean the end of the world. I don't get it. Anyway, cute puppets and can't wait to see her room!

cherylheyland@gmail.com said...

Very impressive!! I am impressed that you went straight for Martha stewart! wow! Good job Kennedy and Jaden!

Steph said...

Dang cute little puppets! What a cute little mommy you are! That tear jerker picture of KK is do die for! Oh my gosh...her future boyfriends are IN for it. She is going to wrap everyone around her little fingers. Too cute.

Can't wait to see her room! I need some ideas to copy. :)

mk said...

cutecutecute! Can't wait to see her room! That pic of KK is priceless. Was there sound coming out or was it a silent scream?? LOL, she kills me. The puppets turned out soooo cute too! Did you get the idea off the website? I have so many of her projects bookmarked. Maybe I should actually get the stuff to do one!

(4 more dayssssss!)

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! Go Martha!