Saturday, August 1, 2009

Today, July 30th

*Woke up to Kennedy screaming at 7am. apparently we made it too cold in our hotel room and her poor little legs were like ice cubes. Brought her and Jaden into our bed to try to warm them up.

*Jade fell back asleep cuddling with Daddy, and me and Sis got up and ready for the day.

*Even though I wasn't really ready to wake up, it was kinda fun to have some alone time with Sis. It seems like I get alone time with Jade, but rarely Kennedy.

*Headed down to the continental breakfast together and had a little breakfast date! :) Watched her eat a muffin with a fork, and some yogurt, while I ate a delish waffle with butter and syrup.I'm pretty much a sucker for waffles... especially at a free hotel breakfast!

*Brought back up breakfast for Jade and Cam

*Hung out in the hotel room for a bit, and then checked out, and got ready to go back home.

*Took the long way out of town along "Ocean Drive"! loved the view, and promised to come back again soon to see the things we missed this time.

*Drove 5ish hours home. Convinced Cam that the new toll road that "Sharice" (our GPS) didn't know about would be faster to get home. It did save us 1 minute. But cost us $9. Oops!

*Oh, and we stopped for fast food in a little po-dunk town on the way home, and ate inside... have never been stared at so hard in my life. AWK-WARD!!

*Got home and felt way too tired. Got caught up on emails and a couple work things while the kids played in Jade's room.

*Fed the kids grilled cheese, and skipped dinner... it could wait until tonight! :)

*Cam played with the kids in Sissy's room, while I put together a movie of some of my favorite memories with my awesome friends. Tried not to cry while making it.

*Got the kids bathed and ready for bed.

*Went to HEB to get some food for the big TNO night with my girls.

*Went over to Mich's for TNO - SO fun! Steph drove all the way from San Antonio to hang with us. Mich is now in Dallas for the month, so it was awesome to have her back! And of course Mel and Em... we missed Janette, but she'll be back soon!

*Spent 6ish hours laughing/crying/screaming... saw the biggest spider I have ever seen in my life... ate lots of yummy food... watched the movie of all the good times we've had together... and more.

*Cried saying goodbye to one of my bestest friends. Emily. The first friend I ever had in Waco. And Cali was Jade's first friend ever... the ones we are with pretty much every single afternoon at 330 or 4... we are going to miss them SO MUCH! :(((((

*Cried all the way home. Ran into the house crying and fell into Cam's arms. He comforted me, tried to make me feel better. I love him.

*Went to bed at 3am. My eyes hurt. My heart hurt.

4 comments:

mk said...

What are we going to do without them?? My heart hurts.

Melanie said...

Wow. WHAT A DAY! Doesn't it feel like thursday and friday and saturday were all ONE BIG LONG day?! Man, that was the best time of my life. I'm SO grateful we were able to do it!


PS.
Your gps lady's name freeeeaks me out! It reminds me of "Clarice" from Silence of the Lambs! Ask cam about it if you haven't seen it... AH!

lauren heyland said...

aw nicky! that broke my heart!
p.S. i'm so jealous i dont get to come to see you!

Melanie said...

I love seeing your banner pop up whenever I check you blog... I miss those faces. :(