Saturday, November 7, 2009

the long awaited CRUISE post!! :)

We went a cruise last month in the Western Caribbean on Carnival! It was SO wonderful to be together as a family, separated from the rest of the world and all of it's distractions! Here is a total picture overload!

Sissy LOVED coming back to the room every night after dinner, and seeing the towel animals!!
And Jaden loved sleeping in his very own bunk bed!!
Well, that was the first day... didn't take many pictures, cuz it was all new and exciting. That night the kids went to bed early, and Cam and I were just cuddling up to watch some LOST and that's when the craziness started... turns out, poor Jadey-bug gets sea sick :( he threw up everything he had eaten

the next morning was better, we woke up, feeling like maybe it was a fluke... maybe he just ate too much...

we enjoyed some yummy breakfast, sissy eating her daily banana
Jaden and Daddy... love these boys.
Soaking up some rays!


SO cool to be on a BIG boat!!!
hanging out on the ship


Jade started getting sick again that day, so we went down to the medical center, and they hooked us up with some meds, that made him feel MUCH better... so we went up top, and danced to the live music.... here's jade showin off his awesome moves...
Sis and Jade dancing together.
our crazy little family...
me and the love of my life.
wooohooooooo!!!
trying to pick up the sting ray towel animal... she didn't quite understand why every time she tried to pick them up and kiss them that they would just fall apart.
We brought presents for the kids to open every couple hours, to keep them entertained, and just have another fun thing to do. they both LOVED it, and thought it was so fun to open their presents and see a new surprise every time.

Jade opening his sunglasses
Kennedy just opened hers and is TOTALLY thrilled
work it girl!!
breakfast the next morning... just minutes after this we had another sea sick episode :( all over the patio... oops. poor boy.... oh and I forgot to mention, Jade wouldn't eat a thing after that first day, we had to force him just to drink. he seriously felt so yucky.
i do love this pic of her though.
just got off the ship, and headed to MEXICO!!
on the beeeeeeeach!!
check out that sand! I love it.
This beach was called "Paradise Beach", and it really did feel like paradise. They had fun bouncy things in the water (which we didn't do) but the beach was perfect, beautiful and perfect.

running in the warm sand.

playing in the water with our babes
It was a SUPER sunny bright day, perfect opportunity to wear their awesome shades.
For some reason Jade INSISTS on wearing the glasses high up on the back of his head instead of on his ears... so he looks a little silly/awesome.
lol. total stud.
cheeeeeeese! :) she's so pretty.
it was seriously SO beautiful!
our ship, the one on the left, the "Ecstasy"
we ran back onto the ship and changed out of our wet swim suits, so we could enjoy Mexico... well the port of Cozumel.
We were seriously intruding on Kennedy's nap time, and she was literally falling asleep as she was walking. it was kinda cute.
scary guy!!
another crazy family picture
heavenly.
Cam was trying so hard to keep her awake on our way back to the boat. she was dying laughing, she just adores her Daddy, it was so sweet.
silly pic, but check out how BLUE that water is!!
Then, as we were just about to leave Mexico we saw this.... a tornado on the water.
it. was. awesome.
(click on it to see it better!)
Jade needed some down time, so me and Sis went and walked around for a while...
his favorite thing to do in our room... stand in the window and watch the water.
at our "fancy" dinner that night, sis coloring intensely
another episode waiting to happen... you can just tell by the look on his face. :(

he was feeling so miserable and kept coughing/gagging, so me and jade had to get out of there... and fast. So Sissy and Daddy had a little dinner date. Apparently it was adorable, cuz people kept coming up to us the next day commenting on what a cute Daddy he is, and how sweet their little dinner date was. :)
more towel animals... an elephant!
another one of their presents were flash lights, they projected pictures, and we spent forever playing with them that night.
silly pose.
me and cam.
so cute.
this is what jade did at every meal. pointed at the "yellow ketchup" and named all the letters.
checking out the ships tail...
it was a blast, but it had to come to an end...

6 comments:

Lauren Heyland said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Could your family possibly be any more gorgeous!!!? It looks like you guys had so much fun. I'm so glad you got to do that and I'm so excited to see all of you guys at Christmas. :)

cherylheyland@gmail.com said...

Good times! What a fun trip it must have been! We love you guys!

Steph said...

Seriously, your family is sooooo beautiful...it take my breath away!! Especially those babies of yours, my gosh!! Ok, I was DYING laughing at a couple of things..first Jaden's rad dance moves, and then the ones of him with his shades all up high...stinkin' funny! And my gosh KK is just getting prettier by the post. I'm sorry Jaden was so sick!! Poor little guy. Sounds like you guys handled it and still had a great time though. Smart to bring those little gifts! I'm stealing that idea for sure! Oh, and the daddy daughter dinner...how sweet.

mk said...

Okay, LOL to Jade's dancing and KK's towel animals falling apart! And her little bikini!!! AAHHH!! So presh. LOVE the present idea, will be stealing that as well. Poor Jadey's sick eyes at dinner!! I hate that he felt so yucky. I'm so glad you posted pics... I was starting to think you made the whole thing up... intact french fry puke and all ;)

Emily said...

First, your blog header thingy is thebomb.com (the cool one, not the freaky site.) Second, could you be any hotter? Or could your kids be any cuter? Thanks for sharing all the great pictures. They were so fun to look at, although they did make me miss you even more than I usually do :)

Melanie said...

AW! K, I think that mighta been a pic overload. Not for me, but it deff closed out my internet explorer for some reason! hahaha! Wow, I loved all these! I'm so glad you put them all up, it made me feel like I was there! K, first of all... Ecstasy?! Haha! I picked up something from CVS today called that... a little something fun for the... anyway. TMI for the blog comments, sorry. I loved the "silly/awesome" glasses! And the presents idea was awesome! Good job, parents! Um, I seriously can't remember everything I wanted to say... haha to the "scaries" guy! BAHAHA! And omg, sissy looks so grown up, I can't get over it. A REAL ponytail?! And that dress over the cutest little bathing suit?! AW! Oh, and Rome-yo has the same swimtrunks as Jaden! He doesn't fit into them yet, but I can't wait till he does- they're adorable. Reminds me of the old-fashioned bathing suits from back in the like '40s... Anyway, sorry for that tangent... The water was gorgeous, I'm glad you guys got to do this fun vacation w/ each other. You'll have that memory forever! Even though it was probably hard to do it w/ the kids... you have inspired me. That's it- we're all going on a cruise WITH our kids some time soon! K, really gotta go to bed... Miss you!