Saturday, December 25, 2010

i need a silent night.

One of my very fav non traditional Christmas Songs (other than Nsync Christmas, obviously ;) ) is a song by Amy Grant. It's lyrics say, "I've made this same mistake before, to many malls, to many stores..." and then the chorus sings "i need a silent night, a holy night"

I love that song. I bought it on iTunes a year or two ago, and it gets me every time I hear it. There is so much shopping, and craziness, and sometimes I just feel like I need a silent night. Fortunately I got many, with my sweet hubs. It has been a wonderful Christmas season... despite the craziness, and just having kids in general :)


This is just one of those crazy moments... too many malls, too many stores. I had bribed them with an ice cream cone, if they could make it through it all. She made it, to the ice cream cone, but not much further, she totally crashed with cone in hand :(

- Posted from my iPhone

2 comments:

Lauren Heyland said...

I love that song! sissy is so sweet sleeping with her ice cream cone..miss those kiddies.

cherylheyland@gmail.com said...

Ohhhh what a sweet girl!