Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Austin Road Trip!!

We took a little road trip with our friends to meet up with Steph and her babes (who are now living in San Antonio). We hit up the Austin Zoo, where we saw no real animals, just a peacock, cat, and a few goats... most awkward zoo EVER. It didn't matter though, we got to see our friends! Jaden was so excited to see Ava, as you can see in the picture above he absolutely adores her!

"the hobo" - seriously look at his goat, and his teeth, doesn't he look like a hobo?
We laughed and laughed and laughed all day together! 
(not me and the hobo, me and the friends)

sis, showin the hobo some love



Oh, I want to die just looking at this picture. The flippin goat SNEEZED on my BABIES!! UCK!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh it was so gross!! All of that guck on their faces is goat sneeze, I know that for a fact, because I had just finished washing their hands and faces, which is why Sis is still eating her wipe. (the zoo was that gross, we had to clean often).
The big group picture! I have the cutest kids, friends, and friends kids.


We were SO excited about this train. We hadn't seen any animals yet, except the peacock, cat, and goats, so we were excited to take a ride around the park and see all the animals, and all that the zoo has to offer!!

nope. no animals. this is what we saw, cardboard cut out, weird things. no joke. i wish it was a joke. but it's not. weird. REALLY weird.

it's okay though, because Jaden LOVED it. He looked at me every 2 seconds with excitement, he was so grateful, and it made it all worth it!
Kennedy liked it too!
Tried to get a picture of the three of us...

Didn't work. It was hot. Really hot. 107 degrees hot.
So we hit up chili's to cool down and get our grub on!! And celebrate Em's birthday. And to destroy this section of Chili's. Ooooops!!

Jade loves these cute girls so much! We miss our little Ava, and what are we ever going to do without sweet Cali next month.... I mean wait, we don't talk about that... yet.

Sissy with her hair pulled out, looking hot and tired. Somehow I kept them both awake all the way home to Waco, and they slept great that night!
our disaster area.
Oh such a fun fun fun day.

5 comments:

cherylheyland@gmail.com said...

What a fun day! What a gross goat! I can't believe it sneezed on you guys. You might want to get checked for swine flu if the goat hangs out with the pig!!!! I love the pure joy on everyones faces! Where is Emily going??? Are they done? so sad!

Lauren Heyland said...

that goat sneeze pic is hilarious! Your kids are too cute, same with your friends and their friends!

mk said...

Oh Nic, you and the hobo sat and laughed all day long. I remember, okay??

It's been a week and I STILL feel hot and sweaty and nasty just looking at the pics. Oh and you worded it perfectly: The zoo was so awkward.

Emily said...

LOL! You and the hobo!

What a great, sweaty, day!

Melanie said...

Baahahaha! Okay, I am laughing out LOUD at your post!!! I don't know why this zoo was soo frickin funny to me! But I just read Em's zoo post, and Mich's zoo post... and EVERY zoo post just gets funnier and funnier!!! I love it! What a great memory... awkward... but great =)