Monday, October 10, 2011

Hawaii {Part 4} Taylor & Morgan's Reception

I didn't take many pictures at the reception... we were too busy eating/talking/laughing/dancing and just overall partying :) But here are the highlights...

the reception was in a courtyard somewhere on the BYU-Hawaii campus. It was outdoor, and rain threatened all evening, and eventually the tables got moved under the sidewalk shelter. It was still just as beautiful though. Their colors were yellow/gray & white. Loved their cake...
how cute are they? :)


when it first started to rain, Heather & I ended up being sister wives with our napkins protecting our hair from getting wet... super classy/sexy :)
the night was filled with hawaiian style entertainment, including Taylor doing the Hawka (no clue how to spell that, but that's how it sounds when people say it) lots of hawaiian dancing/singing. jade fell asleep on the ground holding the battery powered/pretend light up candle (why can't I think of how to describe those) with a pile of napkins as his pillows/blankets.

when the show was over, we woke jade up and we danced the night away and loved every minute of it.

4 comments:

cherylheyland@gmail.com said...

I really love these memories. It was such a fun night. (except for the part that we were so lacking in talent!) That was a really fun reception! Morgan thought of every detail! Loved the hawaiian candy station! Loved the dancing. I was impressed with the Hauka! Morgan's uncles were really really good/scary. Taylor wowed us with his new cultural talent! I wonder if Jaden got hearts in his eyes for any of those beautiful polynesian little girls!

cherylheyland@gmail.com said...

Love it. Slap that on facetube. (????) But that was a super fun night. Love you!!!

cherylheyland@gmail.com said...

That last comment was from Kenzie. Sorry i forgot to write that. But I still love you sis.

Lauren Heyland said...

I'm so glad you put these up, the reception looks gorgeous! I love the photo of you and heath, I have the best sisters in the whole world. Love you!