Thursday, January 27, 2011

Not so great.

So far 2011 hasn't been too kind to our little family. Well, really since we have been in Amarillo we have had someone sick basically at all times. It's getting exhausted. This month has gone a little like this:

1st week January - Both kids had a horrible cold & Kennedy got an ear infection.

2nd week of January - Monday - Thursday (of the week Cam was out of town for a training trip) both kids fever/throwing up, for 3 straight days. We had the floors covered in towels, the couches covered in blankets, and both of their beds covered in blankets. Complete with a throw up bucket for each. I was in complete survival mode. I cleaned up more vomit, did more laundry and got less sleep than I ever imagined possible.

Long story short, I can no longer handle the smell of strawberry nutragrain bars. Really just typing that made me feel sick...



3rd week of January - Cam got sick with a horrible cold, later in the week, Jade caught it. Screaming all day and night on Sunday about how bad his ears hurt. Woke up feeling a little better, so we didn't end up taking him to the doctor.



4th week of January - Jade and Cam still sick. Kennedy and I caught the cold, and somehow sissy added on a stomach bug. She spent all last night and today throwing up.



I'm hoping this ends soon.

I don't know how much longer we can all handle this.

update: this post has been sitting in my drafts without being posted... Sissy had a stomach bug for 4 straight days. On the 3rd night Jade caught it, Saturday was a nightmare. Sissy has been very careful about throwing up into a bucket or the toilet, no matter where she is. Jade has absolutely no desire to get to a toilet or bucket... even when the bucket is right next to him. We've been watching lots of nick jr to pass the time, and early saturday morning he was sitting there watching, and all of a sudden starts throwing up all over himself. He doesn't take his eyes off of Dora, even for a second. I ran over to hold the bucket under him, and said, "Jade let's go to the bathroom come on!" And in between throwing up, he's yelling at me, "NO!! I'm fine!" lol. he kills me. needless to say we had to stay right there with him the whole day with the bucket handy. One of the times he was doing it into the bucket, and Sissy sees him, and gets this panicked look in her eyes, "NO!!!" and just starts throwing up all over herself... as he is throwing up.

seriously, it was another rough week. thankfully jade's only lasted one night and one day. and sis ended that day too.

monday night I caught it, I spent yesterday miserable.. and all the works... I woke up this morning feeling a little better....

i really, really hope this ends soon... have i said that before? i think i have... i really, really do though.


- Posted from my iPhone

2 comments:

Lauren Heyland said...

sad :( :( get feeling better soon!

cherylheyland@gmail.com said...

Oooooo...So so sorry! Funny how something like the smell of a nutrigrain bar will always make you sick now. Sad. Sorry Kellogs, thats just the way it is!