Sunday, March 13, 2011

Paris {Day 2}

Day 2 we got up early, we had a lot to see, and couldn't wait to be out on the streets of Paris again. We went to the Notre Dame Cathedral. The lighting was hitting it so beautifully, we seriously got there at the perfect time. We also got there before the lines got too crazy!



We explored outside for a little bit.

Then went inside the cathedral. It was amazing.
Then we headed up the tower.
and saw beautiful views of Paris, and the Gargoyle's watching over the city

we came back down, and wandered around the courtyard for a while..
strolled across the Seine river, on Pont Neuf and around Il de La Cite (a tiny island)
and over to the Louvre, one of the world's largest museums
among many, many other things, (seriously this place was HUGE) we were fortunate enough to see the Mona Lisa. It was so much smaller than I would have ever guessed, especially considering all the large paintings in the museum. But it was really quite neat to see.... along with quite a few other people :)
then we walked along the Seine river again to get to Napoleans Tomb, and Hotel des Invalides
this was in one of the courtyards, the museums were packed with military weapons and armor and such

this is the ceiling above Napoleons tomb. quite incredible.
after we left, we headed back over to Il de la Cite, and to the Latin Quarter.

We went to Shakespeare and Co. the oldest English bookstore in France.
It was so cute inside, we wandered around looking at books, and eventually found a tiny staircase that led upstairs, where there was a girl playing a piano and singing in this tiny tiny little room, with books everywhere. It was really neat. We found a couple old books, and a special kids book and headed back out.
Us on one of the bridges over the Seine river
one of my favorite scenes.
but of course, we had to go back to my very very favorite place, the eiffel tower...


paris is officially my most favorite place in the world

5 comments:

Lauren Heyland said...

i've been looking forward to Paris Day 2 for a long time. :) thank you! P.S. That bookstore looked absolutely adorable.

mk said...

With the exception of the Louvre, how do you manage to look like the ONLY couple in that city??! I am loving your pics. I didn't think I would love them more than last year's and I totally do.

Melanie said...

Wow, wow, wow! I love the gargoyle pics! So amazing! Seriously- all of these pics look like post cards or something. You need to pick out your faves and print them on canvas and have a "Paris" themed guest bedroom or something! So gorgeous. PS. I love your hair! Mine is like the exact same color right now! It's like the color that I dyed it is fading fast hahaha. Too much blonde underneath ;) But I like it!

cherylheyland@gmail.com said...

Those pictures are so beautiful! You and Cam look like real "Parisians". I can see why you love love loved Paris! Thanks for the peek!

Anonymous said...

That is the BEST picture ever!! I am so glad you guys had such a great time! Thanks for sharing the pics. I will live vicariously through them.