Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What a week!

We started this crazy week out with a trip to Houston. It was a beautiful drive, the first time we've really been there (except for flying through it), we checked out a couple of the suburbs of Houston, to see if it would be a place we would like to live... (and yes, it definitely is!!) We found a great deal on a hotel so we decided we would stay two nights so we could relax and have fun. Turns out, there was a reason the hotel was so cheap, we were driving around were on our way back to the hotel about 8:00pm and they had completed closed off all access to the hotel, due to construction. Something the hotel staff neglected to tell us! So, we ended up going the wrong way on a one way frontage road, got pulled over by the meanest cop ever!! And finally made it back to the hotel. Needless to say we cancelled our second night and came home the next day. We spent the evening of 4th of July at home, playing in our back yard. Here are a few pics of the kids in their little 4th of July outfits!








The next day (july 5th) was Kennedy's 4 month birthday!! I can't believe how fast she is growing up! It kills me! She can sit for about 2 seconds on her own, and rolls over both ways. She is the most SMILEY baby I have EVER met! She is always happy... as long as she can see someone!


And she absolutely ADORES Jaden!

Jaden started out his week great too! We have had quite a few furry and not so furry little friends come our way!! This Jaden holding the gecko him and daddy found IN OUR HOUSE!! (i am not a big fan of critters in the house!) he thought it was pretty neat. He kept calling "gecko!" while patting his lap... little confused about the fact that that only works on dogs.


Jaden found three little baby bunnies that were born in our yard this week.

Cameron (did, what he says any man would do) put on giant ski gloves, and chased them down and caught them. In his defense they are fast little suckers, i was pretty impressed he got them! We currently have 2 of them, and he is still working on the third. Jaden thinks it is pretty neat!





The worst part of our week came Monday night, Jaden woke up and his airway was completely swollen, and was gasping for air. He kept trying to talk and nothing would come out. It was pretty scary for me. When we went in to his room, I was holding him trying to get him to calm down and breathe, I looked down at my hands, and I was shaking uncontrollably, I was so worried about my baby boy! They did a chest x Ray and he had fluid in his right lung. They think it was crupe. He was gasping so hard for air, that he broke a ton of blood vessels in his face. They had had him on breathing treatments and steroids. We stayed in the hospital about 22 hours, and came home last night. He is doing a lot better, we are so grateful he is ok!

Look at the IV in his poor little arm! It drove him crazy!

Never to sick to watch Little Einsteins!



Kennedy was such a good girl through all the craziness, she and Jaden had some great cuddles.


That was our week! Sorry to ramble on and on!

---oh and on a side note... kennedy now has a cold too!----

5 comments:

Emily said...

Ummm, once Cali hears that you guys have bunnies AND geckos in your backyard she will be over all of the time.

What a scary night! I'm glad Jaden is feeling better. We missed you guys at storytime, there were no cool kids to hang out with! Get better and come over!

Leah said...

Oh my word. I can only imagine how scary that was for you. Talk about panic. Poor guy. How did you get him to leave the IV in? I'm so glad he is feeling better and that you didn't have to stay in the hospital for a ling time.

I love the pictures of the kids 4th of july outfits. So cute.

The first (and only) time I saw a clear gecko in our place I frieked out. I LOVE that he wanted the gecko to come and called him like a doggie. How cute is that?

Anonymous said...

poor jaden! I had no idea...i'm sorry! Your kids look so dang cute in their fourth of july outfits!

Britnee said...

Poor little guy! Keaton wanted to keep gecko's as pets, so we went to Petco and got a little aquarium, a water dish, and gecko food. We'd found 4-5 of them and got a home all set up for them. It got really hot one day, and the water evaporated and steamed the poor little suckers. By the way, steamed gecko does not smell nearly as appetizing as it sounds!

Anonymous said...

Sorry it was such a rough week. There is nothing worse than feeling helpless while your kids struggle!
The kids look so cute in their fourth of July outfits! We can't wait to see them...and you guys of course. Leave the "pets" at home though!!!!